A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech amp; AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative amp; new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how can we better solve for our customers.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Always be Hustling: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded amp; Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE amp; REQUIREMENTS
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
As Talent Acquisition professional , you will
- Apply a hacker mindset to a variety of sourcing and research channels to strengthen sourcing pipeline
- Work on the source to hire insights/Mental Maps/algos! crafted internally
- Source candidates through a variety of channels (LinkedIn, referrals, networking events, specialized sites, etc.)
- Dedicate time to do Sourcing, Mapping, Headhunting, Candidate and Industry Research.
- Ensure that the recruitment process holds a high validity and that candidates are being assessed in a quality driven way
- Coordinate several areas of the recruiting process, including managing candidates, scheduling phone interviews, and full loops.
- Establish strong working relationships with agencies, hiring managers, recruiting team and candidates
- Contribute to various TA programs and Community events.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- PGDM/MBA In HR
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm and work under high-pressure situations
- Fast learner, tech-savvy with Go-getter attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge/Experience with Gmail, G-Suite, and excel.
- Work remotely from anywhere in IST timezone
- A flat and transparent culture
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact early in your career
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status.
You should be open for a 3 Months internship position.