Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search amp; discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 230 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
----------Due to Covid-19, this will be a remote role for the 2021 Internship Program----------At Alation, the Support Engineering team is critical for driving customer usage and adoption. As an intern, you’ll be a full, contributing member of our team, helping our customers integrate with the Alation platform. You will learn how to triage, troubleshoot, and debug complex issues, and you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies in the data space.In your internship you will.
- Learn about the key components of our tech stack
- Conduct research to identify trends that drive support volume
- Collaborate with team members to implement case management optimization initiatives
- Experience the customer lifecycle, from pilot to full deployment in production
- Work with our Support DevOps team to help automate support tasks
- Provide technical support to Alation customers, partners, and prospects
- Create technical documentation and update the Alation Support knowledge base
- Gain mentorship and 1:1 experience from full-time support engineers
- Be a rising undergrad senior, or beyond
- Currently be pursuing a BA/BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, or a related field
- Have a knack for debugging and troubleshooting complex issues
- Have some understanding of Linux system administration, relational databases (SQL, Postgres, Oracle), web servers, such as Apache and Nginx , and debugging applications written in JAVA and Python
Please provide a resume and a concise cover letter highlighting your interest in this role and what you would like to gain from an internship.