Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search amp; discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 230 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
----------Due to Covid-19, this will be a remote role for the 2021 Internship Program----------In this internship you will.
- Work on CI/CD Jenkins Pipelines using JobDSL Groovy in AWS Cloud Based Infrastructure.
- Collaborate on estimates of work effort for all the User stories as a DevOps Team.
- Adopt new technologies with Alation Engineering ecosystem.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues in Alation services environments.
- Transition Anka MacStadium CI/CD infrastructure to AWS
- Have at least two years toward your degree in Computer Science or related subjects
- Good understanding of linux and macOS environments
- Networking experience preferred
- Owning and developing for our Infrastructure environments.
- Experience in at least 1 scripting languages: ruby, python, groovy, bash, ps1.
- xCode / Visual Studio experience is a plus
- Desired tooling: chef, terraform or cloudformation, jobDSL experience.
- Exposure to cloud provider AWS (Azure or GCP).
- Experience with source control (Git) and SCM (Github, Butbucket)
- Are able to identify solutions that improve the quality of service and reduce operational and support burden. You have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
- Curious and Growth MindSet and always willing to learn new technologies. Can Do attitude and Ability to think outside of the box.
- Good Communication and Strong Interpersonal Skills.
Please provide a resume and a concise cover letter highlighting your interest in this role and what you would like to gain from an internship.