The Luxury Closet is looking for young luxury fashion merchandising professionals wanting to kick-start their Merchandising career. The Intern will be based in our Gurgaon office. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to pursue a career in luxury fashion merchandising and the role promises a lot of learning! The candidate will have the opportunity to become an expert in pricing of international designer items.
- Work in collaboration with the Pricing Merchandisers to evaluate and provide quotations to our consignors.
- Work in collaboration with Pricing Merchandisers to build up our merchandising reference database.
- Research pricing information and product details for consigned merchandise.
- Work in collaboration with our Pricing Merchandiser and our Merchandising Analyst to analyze and optimize our pricing strategies and merchandising operations.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Understanding of Luxury Fashion and basic knowledge of international Luxury Brands.
- Business majors preferred.
- Required at least a 6-month commitment.
- Experience in eCommerce (preferred).
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Must be available within one month.
The Luxury Closet is a company born in Dubai, the heart of luxury in the Arabian Peninsula, where we are redefining the world of luxury. We seek to challenge the norms, and build a company that inspires the smart modern day luxury consumer. In Dubai, we have learnt to dream big, think far, and do what no one thought possible. The Luxury Closet embodies these ideals, and aims to build an iconic brand and company that will connect luxury connoisseurs, and change the future of luxury shopping. Our mission is to be the leading marketplace for luxury shoppers in the GCC region. We will build a destination that has world class customer experience, differentiated technology and operational performance, and exceptional reach into the closets of the region. We were ranked as the Top 100 Startups Globally by Red Herring in 2016 and Top 4 Startups in UAE by Forbes Magazine, however, we care less for accolades, than our NPS.
Some facts about The Luxury Closet:
- TLC has raised $18m till date across 3 funding rounds
- TLC focuses on resale of perfect condition items from high end brands like LV, Hermes, Rolex from sellers across Middle East, which globally has the highest per capita spend on luxury.
- Founded in 2012, it has expanded rapidly and delivered robust growth. TLC direct-to-consumer sales in MENA represent 60% of revenues and overwhelmingly extends to 40% from Asia to The USA.
- Resale has proved to be a Resilient and High growth Business Model, with TLC’s sales growing nearly 100% YOY
- TLC was ranked as Top 100 startups in Arab World by World Economic Forum https://widgets.weforum.org/arabstartups/